The Kim Crawford skin care routine everyone is messaging me to ask for:
Yep it’s officially called the kim crawford skin care routine-no kidding.
So, I’m not sure what you’ve read to be interested in what I’m going to keep referring to as the kim crawford skin care routine so people who have heard of this blog can easily google and find it.
The reason I’m wanting to know what you have and haven’t read in this blog is for several reasons. I don’t know if you’ve read about certain products I’m going to talk about which I use in my kim crawford skin care routine and my patients also use in their kim crawford skin care routine.
- I guess some of you have read all of the serious skin care and look younger than ever articles and blogs about products and some have read none.
- So the most logical way to go about this is to give you the information you need to know what it is about a certain product that I like and then give you links to articles which go into more depth.
- And then there is always my free ebook on skin and the website I did DEDICATED to just skin that you can check out too.
- And of course you can get me on CHAT when you see me here which is when I’m not with patients face-to-face.
Inside-out Kim Crawford routine:
- I don’t know how much of my health information you have read but I will re-iterate that your skin will reflect what is going (or NOT going) on inside your body.
- Being overweight causes inflammation which shows in your skin…actually internal inflammation causes inflammation of the skin which is a primary skin ager.
- Inflammation is caused by eating WRONG. For those of you who follow this blog, a review of how to eat will bore you.
- So for those of you who don’t, please DO go to the natural health page and get yourself FREE module 1 so you’ll have a PDF copy of the whole eating plan.
- This is ALL part of the kim crawford skin care routine.
- Not just the lotions and potions which I WILL get to and which are NOT all found on this website, by the way.
In addition to inflammation being a big skin aging issue, so is having oxidative stress which everyone does unless fixed….I use the AWS reds/greens drinks. So,also is “glycation” which means having a blood sugar which is not ideal (meaning fasting it’s over 85 ng/dL).
When you have a blood sugar which is not ideal you are stiffening all cells, including your skin cells. Also if you haven’t tuned up your “gut” so that you have great GI-tract function with, at a minimum), our prebiotic/probiotic combo, you are not giving your skin it’s best chance.
- It’s not the topic but you’re also not giving your brain or immune system the best chance, either.
- All of this is part of your new (should you choose to join me!) Kim Crawford skin care routine which I personally guarantee will have you looking younger in ONE MONTH.
- ONE MONTH. TRY IT.
If you do not look younger (and I need b/a pics and your pledge of honor) in ONE month doing everything I’m about to tell you I will do a free set of labs with phone consult (value $950) for YOU!
So I have 2 reds/greens drinks daily to get rid of oxidative stress, take curcumin,decaf green tea and fish oils for inflammation and stay at my ideal weight with the help of acetyl-l-carnitine and our combo l-glutamine and bcaa bodybuilding powder.
For glycation (my grandfather had Type 2 diabetes so I have this in my genes) I take chromium nicotinate and alpha lipoic acid. The other great benefit for skin with the ALA is that it prevents collagen cross-linking in the skin which causes WRINKLES.
Other things I do which are mandatory for great skin is I exercise daily, wear sunblock, take Vitamin D, and make sure I get a very good night’s sleep. Sleep is mandatory for good health AND good skin.
- If you need help falling asleep or staying asleep chat me up and I’ll help!
- I also take other integrative supplements you have seen on this website which are (as a “fab”side effect) great for skin such as SitoNox, acetyl-l-carnitine, GPC to name the biggies.
- As an example of one supplement “how” : SitoNox increases nitric oxide levels in the blood.
- NO is needed as we get older to keep blood vessels well dilated to prevent high blood pressure and platelet clumping.
- It increases blood flow to all organs including our largest organ-our skin.
- Just as exercise increases blood flow to increase more collagen and elastin production so too, does more NO! So one of the great nitric oxide benefits is to increase bloodflow to the skin.
NOW for my skin care routine:
Let me tell you that I have moderately oily skin and am acne-prone. Cruel to worry about acne and wrinkles isn’t it,LOL. So when I tell you a product I’m using and why and you have DRY skin and what I’m using might be an issue I will tell you what the alternative is.
- If I don’t give you an alternative assume that all skin types are fine with the product I’m using,OK?
- I’m not holding out on anything-this is the complete and full Kim Crawford skin care routine coming right up!
- The reason I carry Moorspa products as my “skin care line” is because I used to co-own the company, helped with product development and know that these are quality products which are good for your skin and approved by SkinDeep.
I use a clarisonic for those rare times when I wear make-up. One of those times is when I shoot videos for these webinars because going without make-up on camera is a total face wash-out. Unless all you are using is mineral make-up (and even then…), you just cannot get your pores clean enough without a device such as this.
You need to make sure you soak the brushes and change them regularly so you are not putting bacteria on your face,so if you get a rotary cleaning device, DO be careful.
If you DO wear liquid, cream or stick make-up you need “something” other than a facecloth if you want to get your skin really make-up free at night.
Scrubbing your skin won’t do it because you’re not going “beneath the surface.”
Now, that said, I have no contract with the clarisonic people.
Because I’m acne-prone AND because it’s a great, constant exfoliant, I use the Moorspa salicylic acid cleanser.
It isn’t so strong as to at all cause irritation-it doesn’t sting,lathers up really nicely and does a great job at removing “everything”.
If you have dry skin you’d be better off with the cleansing milk.
If you can tolerate it, though, this cleanser just rocks. It has been a part of the kim crawford skin care routine for 30 years!
I have often mentioned that this is a step that women forget about or don’t think is important. Exfoliating regularly is really important for great looking skin. Here’s why.
It stimulates the skin’s building blocks-collagen and elastin. It takes off the dead skin that builds up more and more the older we get. This is important to shoo away breakouts and to give your skin a nice fresh glow. Exfoliation becomes a tool to look more youthful, glowy with more “skin appeal” as you age.
Now,here is where you have to “know your skin.”
- You need to know when it “needs it” but the average woman needs it a good 2x per week.
- I don’t have time to go get microdermabrasions but if you do, that’s a great way to clean up the yukky stuff.
- What I do gives me as good results as MCB anyway and I’m busy and can’t sit still other than when I’m typing out a blog for you.
- I can’t even get a manicure or pedicure-it feels like a waste of time, whereas I can walk my dogs on the beach for 90 minute or swim for an hour and I’m just fine.
- Same with sitting at Starbucks with a friend over a cup of coffee for 2 hours.
- What about you?
Anyway I got “off topic” there so let me get back to how I personally exfoliate.
I do a “power exfoliation” once a week which is our Moorspa Vitamin C mask. I’ll do this on the weekend, when we’re going out so I look really “glow-y” for a Saturday night out. It really jams in that Vitamin C, I’m convinced. I follow that with the packed-with-herbals and very anti-inflammatory original Moor mask. (I use a dot of this on zits for a quick-dry-up too.)
Then mid-week, prior to seeing patients, I’ll use the kelzyme mask which is a quicker, easier exfoliation and a bit of a skin tightener too. This is really the secret of the kim crawford skin care routine in terms of looking “dewy.” And it’s one of the ways how to tighten skin too.
Constant exfoliation and skin perfecting:
You can tell I’m a huge fan of exfoliation. Remember you can use products which help you with “skin turnover” such as the cleanser I use. But I bet you haven’t thought of things like glycolic lotion since you were getting teen-aged pimples.
Well, the great thing about this product, if you get the right ph and right formulation, is that it serves to be a gentle,constant exfoliator.
But it also makes your skin glow-y. And it really minimizes the appearance of pores to the point of being ridiculous that everyone doesn’t know about this. So I LOVE our glycolic acid lotion, that’s for sure.
I use two. I’ll give you my exact routines but serum layer one is the Vitamin C- hyaluronic acid serum we have.
Remember if you get a serum from Amazon MOST of the time the C percentage is too high, causing a burned epidermis which looks DULL and the hyaluronic acid is too long chain and doesn’t penetrate. So you generally “get what you pay for”.
That said I AM going to recommend a couple of things from Amazon for you! If you have issues with discoloration or “tired skin” and more just look at our facial skin care collection for something to suit YOUR skin. My second layer of serum is the Lifeline Proplus day serum. If you haven’t read about this miracle skin duo you should. It’s the best skin anti-aging duo on the market.
To be perfectly honest I haven’t been using one but just noticed that Moorspa is now making a hyaluronic containing one so I’m going to try it.
The Lifeline Propus night serum is sometimes enough moisturizer for me at night.
If I want a good moisturizing treatment or I’m away from Florida I use our #1 selling moisturizer called platinum supreme cream.
It’s an optional product in your anti aging skin care kit which is 20% discounted and includes a free consult and 75% off annual consulting fees!
And you get 10% off all products forever,too!
Elastin is what keeps things from drooping so while it doesn’t reverse the droops it staves them off. The Lifeline Proplus products including neck and eye products have been clinically demonstrated to stimulate elastin production. We used to think ethocyn was the only product that did this but not anymore!
A.M. routine: Total time is 3 minutes
- I wash with the salicylic cleanser mentioned above. Next I’ll put a think layer of the Vitamin C-hyaluronic acid serum we have here.
- You don’t need a lot to cover your face and neck. Then, on comes the Lifeline Proplus serum.
- If I’m not leaving the house during sun-hours, no sunblock,but if I am…sunblock.
- I also usually put on a layer of glycolic lotion if I’m doing an “at home” day.
- That layer goes on after the Proplus serum. I generally don’t wear any make-up on my skin.
- If I do, it’s to dot (with a little brush) some mineral make-up over a zit which I get less and less now that I’m back to using the glycolic lotion regularly.
P.M. routine: Total time is 4 minutes
Now here is the part that you will say “really” at. There are “derma rollers” (find them on Amazon) which are labelled .5, 1, 1.5 mm-that’s the depth that,when rolled over your skin,that they penetrate and make a bunch of teensy little microscopic holes which……
1. Help ‘everything” penetrate up to 100x more and….
2. Stimulate collagen and elastin.
- So at night, I’ll use the clarisonic if I feel “grimy.” Then the hyaluronic serum is put on next.
- Then I’ll use a .5 mm derma roller to “roll” face and neck and even décolletage if I’m in a “daily mode” OR a 1.5 mm if I’m in a bi-weekly mode…I switch it up..
- Oh, I forgot to tell you that this kim crawford skin care routine includes face, neck and décolletage.
- Back to the roller. The reason I use the .5 is that it is enough,when done nightly to “do the job” and I don’t get any bleeding or “issues.”
- The deeper rollers work and it just depends on how thick your skin is.
- If you use the 1.5mm then THAT night you ONLY put on the Lifeline Proplus night serum in a thick “blob” to heal the little peck marks and you’ll have no downtime at all!