The best whey protein might not be what you’re buying:
The best whey protein is quite unique but not as ubiquitous as you might think. However you’d be amazed at how many “knowledgeable people” purchase the WRONG whey. Whey protein has undergone extensive study, revealing a very nicely impressive array of benefits which I’ll get into right now.
Since it’s a high-quality, easily digestible protein, it’s an ideal complement to strength training promoting both muscle growth and human growth hormone (HGH) production. Studies show whey consumption also:
- Helps lower blood pressure if you’re hypertensive and or overweight.
- Supports normal blood sugar levels and even boosts insulin sensitivity in those with Type 2 Diabetes to improve blood sugar control.
- Raises levels of the #1 intracellular anti-oxidant called glutathione.
- Boosts your immune system.
- High quality whey protein contains all the essential amino acids, and has the highest protein quality rating among all proteins to making it a valuable food source to stay healthy , avoid disease, and boost your immune system.
- But you need the RIGHT whey meaning the best whey protein so DO read on.
It also reduces inflammation in the body- a drum I’m always beating.
It helps to normalize your weight. The best whey protein is very filling. It reduces hunger pangs. it also boosts metabolism and is one of the best metabolism boosting foods – more coming on weight control in a bit.
Of all protein sources-with apologies to the meat-eaters who love their Paleo diet ,it is the best at helping maintain muscle mass while shedding excess fat stores. And again, if you buy the best whey protein it is the best and healthiest of all protein sources.
Boost your immune system with whey protein powder
As we age, our bodies gradually slow down on the production of amino acids critical for great energy, immune function, muscle mass and immune function. So it’s a very nice things that the best whey protein can fulfill these functions!
Boost your brain with the best whey protein done right too!
As someone who is a big fan of brain health it’s great to know that the best whey protein will also have brain protective properties which include phosphatidylserine phospholipids and conjugated linoleic acid.
Whey Products to avoid or throw OUT! :
Whey proteins which are derived from ultrapasteurized milk and/or are processed using acid. Heat and acid damages the protein and makes it unable to fully dissolve in water. This is one of the key ways to tell the difference between high quality whey protein from inferior ones.
Whey protein isolates. All whey protein isolates are missing critically important nutritional co-factors. These include naturally occurring vitamins, minerals, and fats, which are lost in the processing. Additionally once the fat has been removed from whey protein isolate, you lose some of the most important components of its immune protective and brain protective properties.
If your whey is from GNC- it’s likely an “isolate”. Pitch the whole thing-it’s not good for you.
Products which contain genetically modified soy lecithin, propylene glycol,polysorbate 80, hydrolyzed proteins (often-MSG in disguise) thoxylated mono-diglycerides, caseinates,maltodextrin, sugar, and/or artificial sweeteners like and sucralose and aspartame MUST GO!
So what should you get?
Whey protein concentrate: High quality whey protein concentrates contain glutamylcysteine, the major precursor to glutathione. Concentrates-you want concentrates, not isolates.
You want cold pressed, with minimal processing.
It must be made from unpasteurized (raw) milk from grass fed cows. This will ensure it is water soluble, and highly digestible.
Look for medium chain fatty acids (MCTs), not long chain fatty acids.
You want it to be certified organic with a creamy flavor.
You do not want any hormones, chemicals, sugar or sugar substitutes but pure stevia leaf extract is totally fine.
Lean body mass, bodybuilding and whey protein powder:
Bodybuilders know what “mortals” can’t get through their heads-they whey protein, ounce for ounce, calorie for calorie is the BEST form of protein for the human body.
It happens also to be high in branched chain amino acids or bcaa bodybuilding and weight loss benefits.
The leucine, isoleucine, and valine amino acid components are in the “correct ratio” to shift the body into muscle and away from fat. Most bodybuilders know to add an extra dose of the bcaa’s as well as the glutamine bodybuilding amino-both being found in the supplement seen at the bottom section.
People trying to shed pounds should take one lesson from these intensely low bodyfat athletes:
- BCAAs start the synthesis of protein in muscles and also inhibit the breakdown of muscle cells.
- Branched chain amino acids increase energy (ATP) production during exercise, which is the reason that they are often used during workouts.
- They reduce muscle soreness from intense muscle-damaging exercise.
- People who consume protein sources high in branched chain amino acids (BCAA’s) with every meal have less belly fat and more lean body mass.
Surveys show that people with a higher BCAA intake in their diets have less body fat, more muscle, meaning better body composition.
A study of 4,429 people found: those with higher BCAA intake were the slimmest and had significantly less chance of being overweight compared to those with lower BCAA intake.
Researchers wrote that the BCAAs have unique obesity-reducing effects because they decrease food intake and body weight by increasing the gene signaling of muscle building pathways.
Final note-how I use my whey protein concentrate:
- I’m in hurry and need to use a shaker cup like you get in welcome packet when you*become a Platinum Circle member of AWS after doing your consult with me : Almond milk, 2 scoops,a TBSP of dark cocoa powder+ a packet of pure stevia or a TBSP of PB powder +stevia=put in shaker cup, shake and go!
- I’m not in a hurry and can enjoy: Almond milk, fresh/frozen with no additives organic berries (you can get this in most grocery stores now), and I use tons to make a slushy drink, one packet of pure stevia-big YUM!
I’m going to weight train:
The vanilla flavor whey protein powder + the bcaa/glutamine powder (nice orange flavor so the shake tastes like a creamsicle/blend with ice, take my shot of nitric oxide enhancer and then hit the gym running!
Or for the creamiest chocolate shake you have EVER had, I’ll have the chocolate flavored whey shake.