7-Keto® is a registered trade name for the compound 3-acetyl-7- oxo DHEA, a stabilized form of 7-oxo DHEA. Once ingested, acetyl-7-oxo DHEA is cleaved to 7-oxo DHEA, a DHEA metabolite naturally found in the body. Although 7-oxo DHEA is similar to DHEA, it does not convert into estrogenic or androgenic hormones.
Supplementation with 7-Keto® may counteract the decline in 7-oxo DHEA levels that occurs during the normal aging process. Decreased levels of 7-oxo DHEA can also be triggered by high cortisol levels, which can result from physical and mental stress as well as dieting if the caloric restriction is too severe and/or the meals are not properly spaced throughout the day.
7-Keto® and body fat reduction
Studies show that 7-keto combined with moderate exercise and a reduced-calorie diet significantly reduces more body weight and body fat compared with exercise and a reduced-calorie diet alone. 7-keto is also able to enhance the activity of several thermogenic enzymes and to promote the use of fat stores for energy.
How to Take
Based on research, the dosing regimen of 1 capsule 2 times per day, 12 hours apart, supports relatively steady state blood levels of 7-oxo DHEA.
Unlike other 7-keto DHEA supplements, our version of 7-Keto® has enhanced bioavailability due to the addition of lecithin, an emulsifier that increases its absorption in the gut. Thus 7-Keto® can be taken on an empty stomach first thing in the morning before breakfast and again 12 hours later, regardless of meal times.
7-Keto® may help to*:
- Promote weight loss without the use of stimulants
- Compensate for age-related decline in 7-keto DHEA production
- Compensate for cortisol-induced reduction of 7-keto DHEA
- Reduce tissue levels of cortisol by reducing local conversion of cortisone to cortisol
- Improve memory
- Reduce alcohol cravings due to activity on GABA receptors
- Augment immune response in the elderly and subjects under stress
- Alleviate depression caused by chronic stress